AncestryDNA updated ethnicity estimates became available today. Below are charts showing 1) change in my ethnicity estimates from the 2020 estimates, and 2) comparison of the 2021 estimates between siblings — myself and my two sisters.
Observations relating to my 2020 and 2021 estimates:
- Values for Germanic Europe and Ireland are remarkably consistent.
- A small Norwegian ethnicity is shown in 2021.
- Scotland and Wales appear to have been separated from England & NW Europe.
Observations from the sibling comparison:
- Estimates for myself and sister 2 are remarkably consistent, except for the small Norwegian ethnicity in my estimate.
- Sister 1 has significant differences from both myself and sister 2, including more England & NW Europe, less Germanic Europe, the only Sweden & Denmark, and more Norway.